Commuter Safety Class
No one likes sitting in gridlocked traffic on their way to work, but cycling the streets of St. Louis can be very intimidating and unpredictable. Learn to ditch the gas pump by incorporating cycling into your daily routine. We want to help you feel more comfortable and confident riding to work, to the grocery store, or to the bar on a Saturday night.
Our instructors are certified by The League of American Bicyclists, a non-profit that "represents bicyclists in the movement to create safer roads, stronger communities, and a bicycle-friendly America." They have experience teaching all ages and experience levels.
What will we be covering?
- Essential skills and strategies to keep you safe when riding on open streets
- Tips on commuting to work while still arriving presentable
- How to comfortably dress for all types of weather
- Ways to carry personal items on your bike
- Effective route planning
- Riding at night
- How do I sign up? Please visit our Eventbrite page to sign up for all of our classes and events.
- How much does it cost? $20
- How long is the class? All of our classes are scheduled for 2 hours but can occasionally run a bit over.
- What do I need to bring? Nothing is required. It might not be a bad idea to grab a pen and paper in case you want to jot some notes.