One hundred miles on single speed bikes. The simplest bicycles available have one gear - no shifters, derailleurs, and half the cables. Ride your fixie or coast on that freewheel. It's all up to you.
This is a no drop ride. We ride as a group at a pace that is comfortable for everyone. Focus on the rural landscape and take in the sights. We break to refuel and fill our bellies at least once. Bringing snacks and water to keep your energy level up is highly recommended.
Share the Facebook Event.
Tips, Tricks and Disclaimers:
- You are responsible for knowing the route. As mentioned, this is a no drop ride but if for some reason you are separated from the group it is important to know the route. Download it to your phone, GPS computer or print it out old-school style.
- Have multiple contact numbers including those of the ride leaders in case you need to make a sudden stop. Alert someone in the group so that those in the front know to stop/slow.
- Bring tools, tubes pumps and all of that stuff. Don't bank on someone else having what you need. Better safe than sorry.
- Eat and drink. Bring lots of food and drink gallons of water. It's going to be hot and humid.
- Bring cash. We will be taking the Golden Eagle Ferry and the Brussels Ferry, which is $4.