The ride will be around 115 kilometers (71.45 miles) long at a steady pace averaging around 16mph. Push yourself, up your mileage, but do it because you love to ride.
This is a no-drop ride. No one will be left behind. We ride as a group and take breaks whenever needed. Meet at Spoked Bikes & Stuff for a pre-ride coffee. The Gran Fondo will begin and end at the shop.
- How long is the ride? 115 kilometers (71.45 miles)
- How long will this take? 4-5 hours depending on the number of stops and environmental factors like weather, etc...
- What type of bike do I need? For these longer ride, geared bikes are encouraged. Some people prefer the challenge of riding single speeds, but that is up to you. You know yourself and your abilities better than anyone else.
- What should I bring? You, your bike, a flat kit (spare tube, pump, multi-tool), some snacks, lots of water
- I'm not very fast. Is this a race? Nope. This is a casual ride at a steady pace. We will be stopping as determined by the participants.