Summertime is filled with outdoor adventures - bike rides, camping trips, and sharing stories with friends around a campfire. Let's take the best parts of summer and combine them into a 2-day biking/camping excursion.
Spoked Bikes is leading a fully supported all-inclusive overnight bike camping trip to Pere Marquette State Park. Bike camping is an amazing adventure but can be a challenge! You may not have all the gear and means to carry everything into the wilderness, which is why Spoked Bikes is taking care of all the planning and hauling. You just have to ride your bike!
Tickets are only $40 and can be purchased on our Eventbrite Page.
Want to learn more about bike camping? Spoked Bikes & Stuff will be offering a "Bike Packing Basics" class on July 19th. This class is designed to cover the some of the basics for bike camping and touring.
The Ride Details
Participants will that the choice of two route lengths. Both rides will be fully supported, meaning that we will be carrying your gear and offering mechanical assistance.
The 54 mile route will be leaving Spoked Bikes & Stuff on Cherokee Street at 9:30am and will ride to the Piasa Bird parking lot in Alton, IL. This leg of the route is 30.2 miles and is estimated to take around 2 hours and 30 minutes. Here the 30 mile riders will join together for the next leg of the trip.
The 22 mile route - will be leaving from the Piasa Bird parking lot in Alton, IL shortly after the riders from the 30 mile route arrive. This should be around noon. The trip from here to Pere Marquette State Park is 22.6 miles and should take right around 2 hours.
Day 2: After breakfast and breaking down camp, everyone will depart Pere Marquette Park around 9am. The route back will be the reverse of the route taken to the camp site the day prior.
Riders for the 22 mile route can park their cars in the Piasa Bird parking lot or in nearby Downtown Alton. Check the map of the route to locate your preferred parking.
Here is the route for the trip. All 3 routes are represented separately in layers.
Ticket prices includes:
- safely guided pre-planned route
- mechanical support
- Reserved camp site with bathroom, fire pit, BBQ grill. There is no electricity so bring a power bank if you need to charge gadgets.
- 2 meals cooked over the fire: Dinner on the 30th will be hamburgers, hotdogs, grilled veggies, smores, and beer from Urban Chestnut Brewing Company. Breakfast the following morning will include Sump Coffee, bacon, eggs, potatoes and veggies.
- Clif Bar will be providing additional nutrition.
- Transportation of overnight gear (limited to one bag)
- Merit badge!
- Sleeping bag
- Food and water for the rides. Clif Bar will be providing some ride nutrition but you will be responsible for you own water. There are a number of gas stations on the way for you to refuel so bring some cash.
- Basic tools (flat kit, spare tube),
- Appropriate clothing
- Fully functional bicycle. We will be offering mechanical support to cover incidentals and basic malfunctions
*Ticket are non-refundable.
**This is a "rain or shine" event