This 27th Quarterly Edition is a set of six books, boxed in a sturdy 60-pt custom slipcase with a sheet of crack-and-peel decals. Each of the books focuses on one DIY discipline Wood Working, Automotive, Gardening, Painting, Plumbing, and Electrical — each containing tips, reference materials and the usual Field Notes wise-cracking.
The six covers are color-coded to compliment six tones of 100-lb cover stock from the French Paper Company’s terrific new “Kraft-Tone” paper, their first new grade in five years. The 70-lb text Kraft-Tone “Standard White Kraft” body pages feature our dot-graph, and are bound with tough brass staples. Anyone fixing a switch, planting a bush, or painting a door jamb will find these books make a nice addition to their workbench, junk drawer or toolbox.
- Proudly printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color printing press by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
- Covers: French Paper Company's brand-new Kraft-Tone 100#C "Index Off-White," "Manila Yellow," "Memo Orange," "Ledger Green," "Parcel Wrap," and "Chip Board" with a brute-force application of two soy-based Saphira inks.
- Innards: French Kraft-Tone 70#T "Standard White Kraft," with a fine, 1-color application of "Maple Lacquer" light brown soy-based Saphira ink.
- Packaged in a custom slipcase manufactured by Jessup Paper Box, Lafayette, Ind.
- Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder/scorer & Rima RS 10S in-line stacker.
- Corners precisely rounded to a ⅜" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge SCM double round-corner machine.
- Dot-graph: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm x 4.7mm). 48 Pages.
- Memo book dimensions are 3½" × 5½" (89mm × 140mm).
- Field Notes uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- All Field Notes memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.