Summertime is filled with outdoor adventures - bike rides, camping trips, and sharing stories with friends around a campfire. Let's take the best parts of summer and combine them into a 2-day biking/camping excursion.
Spoked Bikes is leading a fully supported all-inclusive overnight bike camping trip to Klondike Park. Bike camping is one of those things that a lot of people would love to try but don't know where to start. You may not have all the gear and means to carry everything into the wilderness, which is why Spoked Bikes is taking care of all the planning and hauling. You just have to ride your bike!
The journey will be leaving Spoked Bikes & Stuff on Cherokee Street at 9:30am on April 23rd and return the following evening. The ride is 42 miles each way, which may sound like a lot to some, but we'll be taking breaks along the way including a lunch stop in Old Town St. Charles. We're planning on a moderate pace (13mph) which ends up being about 3:15 hours in the saddle.
Want to learn more about bike camping? Spoked Bikes & Stuff will be offering a "Bike Packing Basics" course on April 12th. This class is designed to cover the some of the basics for bike camping and touring - plus taking the class gets you a discount on the trip!
Ticket price includes
- Guided pre-planned route complete with mechanical support
- Cabin equipped with beds, indoor bathrooms, shower house, and electricity. (there is only one outlet so external battery packs are encouraged)
- 2 meals cooked over the fire: Dinner on the 23rd will be a traditional camp meal of hamburgers, hotdogs, smores, and 4 Hands Brewing beer. Breakfast the following morning will include Sump Coffee, bacon and eggs.
- Clif Bar will be providing additional nutrition.
- Transportation of overnight gear (limited to one bag)
- Merit badge!
- Good times!!
- Capacity to carry what you need for the rides. We recommend trying to keep your back free by using a rear rack, saddle bags, panniers, porteur bags, etc.... This will be covered more in our "Bike Packing Basics" course
- Food and water for the rides. Clif Bar will be providing some ride nutrition but you will be responsible for you own water. There are a number of gas stations on the way for you to refuel.
- Basic tools (flat kit, spare tube),
- Appropriate clothing
- Fully functional bicycle. We will be offering mechanical support to cover incidentals and basic malfunctions
- Spare Cash: On our way out to Klondike Park, we will be taking a break in Old Town St. Charles for a lunch.
*Ticket are non-refundable.
**This is a "rain or shine" event